I Need

I needed a ring like I needed a friend
Who would neither twist turn or bend
Like the mind which is well refined
So am I neither deaf dumb or blind
But all the time ...the time
They were trying to fool me
acting like they were trying...tryna school me
Like a piece of metal they were trying to use me
Do you overstand what I am saying
I knew that I had to do some soul searching and praying
and one doesnt have to always kneel
in order to be healed this too is real
I asked Mother Nature for some of her gifts
and she placed it right here on my lips
She gave me the knowledge the power and the know how to use this pen to litigate, write songs and poems
Dont you know?, ask Maya Angelou
you could water fields and watch seeds bloom
Lighten up darkness and make things grow
One can make it rain, hail, sleet or snow
Where there was just a wall you can open a door
Im not filthy rich, but Im proud to be poor
So far down, looking up all I see is the floor
But its just this, that keeps me striving for more
Written by: Marcus Albinus Joseph Absalom
Dedicated to Tash Boogie
March 2001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angelic Message by Cyndi Is

A New Day

Missing My Love