Hate Acts

Passing the time sometimes isn't easy 
I hear them talking as if they
right next to me talking to me
Why do we as people act so foolishly
quick to display acts of hate
Is it because I'm black
wait a minute they the same race
wishing they wasn't
then it would make some type of sense
Then I could label them 
smacked with the stick of ignorance
All it takes is a glance
I see it everywhere I go
not used to the presence so they cant handle the glow
I'm proud to be me 
not bound by the limitations of negativity
Unfortunately the same cant be said about everybody
So I long for the day when I can display
everything I've been blessed with minus the bad parts
caused by loved ones who broke my heart
results of a jealous spark or envy playing its part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angelic Message by Cyndi Is

A New Day

Missing My Love